Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Pounamu story

Today in Maori my teacher Mr Matthews told us a story about greenstone and i'm going to be telling this story and explaining what i've learnt while listening to this story.

In this story there was a man called Poutini and a woman called Waitaiki, Poutini saw Waitaiki and thought that he would kidnap her and that's what he decided to do. But then Poutini was getting chased by Waitaiki's husband and her husband had a thing called a tekateka. A tekateka is a spear that he threw in the air and then when it was in the air it would show what direction they were in, and that's where he went, but did not get closer to them.
But then Poutini realised that Waitaiki's husband was going to catch them so he put Waitaiki into the river and turned her into Greenstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.