Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Novel study activity.

In this blog im going to be doing a summary about what i've learnt about the characters,what's happened so far in this book and who i've met in these first 3 chapters.

When I first picked up this book I noticed that the characters are interested in sport especially 

rugby because on the cover of this book it shows two teenagers fighting over a oval shaped ball in Rugby 
uniforms.

While reading the first three chapters i've learnt that the main characters name is  Danny and he just got enrolled into a school called West Bridge High School,He lives with his Mum and his 2 sisters who he picks up everyday after school, and it's easy to notice that he wishes he didn't have to leave his old school, because he misses playing Rugby with his friend and he misses having friends.


But then he met a girl called Alice who he liked and who became one of his friends, but there's another boy called todd who is a bully and also likes Alice, and he gets jealous when Danny talks with Alice or when they hang out together, and on the first day that Danny arrived at school, Todd gave him a hard time because he parked in the spot that Todd likes to call his park.


There's a couple of other people that were in these first 3 chapters who get along with everyone and they are Clara and pete.

Pete talks with Danny sometimes and tells him about the first 15 rugby squad and about what's happening with all the sport stuff, And Clara is just one of Alice's friends.

By reading the first 3 chapters of this book I think that I will enjoy reading it because it talks about 2 sports that I like to play which are Rugby and Touch I also think that I will enjoy reading this book because the Characters sound cool. 




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Bryce

    Thanks for sharing your work from Playing to Win.

    I wonder if you can have another look as the text size and font is a bit wonky. It will look a lot better if it is easier to read and all the same size and height.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.