Pages

Friday, March 12, 2021

The Haka

Hello welcome to my blog this blog is about the Haka that the Maori battalion did.

1 What is this line referring to?
'Tis death! 'tis death! (or: I may die) 'Tis life! 'tis life! (or: I may live)
'Tis death! 'tis death! 'Tis life! 'tis life!
Its them basically saying there going to war, they may die or they might live.

2 Research how the Haka was used successfully by the Maori Battalion in World War One and how the Maori Battalion was viewed. 
It was used to scare the enemy's and it worked.

3 How was the Ka Mate Haka first used in Aotearoa?
It was a war dance to intimidate the other tribes if they upset them.

4 What is the Haka symbolic of now and where is it used today?
We see the Haka being performed in many other sports.
Maori Battalion haka in Egypt, 1941 | NZHistory, New Zealand history online

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brycey
    I liked how you welcomed the viewers. stay ruthless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I would appreciate a better Comment :) But just stay ruthless

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.