Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Umu Blog

What is an Umu,What does it need,What is it for?

An umu is a Meal cooked in the ground. For an umu to be cooked you obviously need food to be cooked  ,you need rocks that will be heated up by fire that is created by two bits of wood one smaumull and one big ,and then you'll need banana leaves to block off so the head doesn't get out of the Umu.

How are traditional samoan skills taught?

Samoans are taught to cook a umu by listening and watching their parents older cousins aunts and uncles and grandparents.

Is there something you've experienced similar to an Umu? What was it? Where did you experience it?

I have experienced a hangi which is similar to this but is cooked under the ground and covered with dirt.
Ive done this at my primary school and in my own back yard.


Pin on Asian

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.