Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Filtration expriment

Today in science were doing a our first experiment of the Term called a filtration experiment.We will be using two chemicals called copper sulfate and sodium carbonate solution.

Hypophysis:I think that the filter will make the mixture clear.

Method:
1. Pour approximately 50 mL of copper sulfate solution into a beaker.

2. Add the same volume of sodium carbonate solution. A reaction will happen, you should see a cloudy blue precipitate form. Called copper carbonate. 

3. Watch demo then fold filter paper to fit inside the funnel

4. Place the funnel with the filter paper inside of it, into the mouth of a conical flask. 

5. Stir the mixture in the beaker, then carefully pour it into the funnel. 


6. Observe what happened:When the mixture on the top started dripping down to the bottom the colour was clear.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bryce

    I enjoyed looking at your science work. I wonder, did this remind you of the Filtration experiment we did last year with the dirty water? For your hypothesis I would be keen to know why you think the filter will make it clear? It looks like your suggestion was correct. What made it clear?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.