Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Learning story blog.

A couple of days ago we had to create a Learning story which is this thing right underneath this intro. A Learning is something that you write to show your parents and other student and this is what I did.

Title:Art Hurumanu/Manakitanga.                                           
Name: Bryce
Teachers:Miss Birtch,Whaea Rowena,Miss Keene.
Date: 12/08/19
VALUES / SKILLS
Year 8 Graduate Profile
Highlight the parts of the Profile you are now doing on a regular basis
Commitment 
Achievement 
Resilience 
Respect 
Skills
In your reflection think about how you displayed the CARR values,
and what curriculum skills you learnt. 
People Smart
  • I listen to understand people’s ideas and opinions
  • I can work successfully with others
  • I understand how my feelings and actions can affect others
  • I act responsibly even when no one is watching
  • I can give useful feedback to others
  • I take responsibility for my own actions
  • I am an outstander – I choose to help others who are having a difficult time 
Active Learner
  • I am a curious learner – I ask questions
  • I use feedback to improve my learning
  • I have a growth mindset
  • I know what my next steps are
  • I share my ideas and point of view with different people
Learning Smart
  • I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning
  • I complete my work in the time I’m given
  • I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time
  • I manage my emotions when I am frustrated or challenged
  • I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do
Thinking Smart
  • I can reflect on my learning
  • I understand others’ opinions and ideas
  • I can think critically
  • I can think creatively 
Cyber Smart
  • I use the internet and devices in a safe way
  • I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing
  • I can use digital tools creatively
  • I can use digital tools for different purposes
What we did:
This term in Art Hurumanu we planned a script and a video which we made on an app called stop motion the students in my group were Tasharn,Alex and Shane. At the beginning of this Hurumanu it's fair to say that we were a little bit confused on what we were doing but we ended up finishing our stop motion and it was actually a really good little video.
What I learned:
  • In this Hurumanu I learnt how to make a video on stop motion I learnt how to create a video using clay and also how to create a script to go with the little video. In the first couple weeks we learnt how to do a storyboard and I also learnt what all the different camera angles are. I also learnt how to finish my work while working with student that I wouldn't choose to work with.
What I enjoyed:
  • I enjoyed creating the video because it's something that I had never done before.I liked learning about what the different camera angles. I liked using the clay and creating cool objects like kayaks and little people to go into our video, I also liked learning how to make a script but the one thing that I was most proud of was finishing the slide and watching the finished video.
What I found difficult:
  • I think my group worked alright but the one thing that I struggled with would have to be trying to get everyone involved and trying to get all the work done in the time given but overall I think that it was good because we got the task finished and considering  that we used a digital app that we hadn't used before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.