Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Dirty water experiment.

What is filtration?


Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium through which only the liquid can pass. 

Examples are:

  1.  Tea bags
  2. Coffee plunger/coffee filter 
  3.  Swimming pool
  4. Kidney

Materials

1.Dirty water
2.bottle
3.sand 
4.pebbles
5.filter papers
6.funnel
7.scissors
8.cups
9.coffee filter

Process - ( use verbs or doing words in each step )


Step 1

Cut the bottle in half.

Step 2

Put the top half upside down into the other half of the bottle.

STEP 3

Add layers of filter paper then add your sand and pebbles.

STEP 4

Get 1 cup of dirty water.

STEP 5

Pour dirty water into to the filter in the upside down bottle.

Measurements

After my group had done all of the instructions we watched our water enter the bottom bottle. It entered really fast but did not make the water clean enough to be able to drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.