Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

Athletics Day.

On Thursday the 7th of March 2019 we had our Athletics day.
We had to be at the gym at 8:30am so we could meet up with all of the teacher and the students.
There were two groups one group was the social group which just did things for fun and there was a competitive group which were doing the activities to win. I choose to be in the competitive group.
We were also allowed to choose what events we wanted to participate in. I choose to do long jump,high jump,sprints,shot put and also discus so basically every event except Long distance.


 My first event was long jump in the long jump pit I personally think that I did well in long jump.my first jump I jumped and then fell backwards then I had another jump and then I jump and fell fordward so that was definitely a better jump then the first jump. When every one had two jump it was time for another year group to have their long jump.

My second activities was high jump which was my favourite event by far. High jump was around about half an hour after long jump so I just walked around for a little bit but when it was call out on the microphone I headed over to the high jump and it was time to start.When I arrived to high jump we got told what order we were jumping in I was jumping second after my brother. We started of at a metre one then we finished on 1.25m I tied with three other student we all couldn't jump over the last height that the pole was on so we were tied.

My third activitie was 100m sprints which I assume that I didn't get placed because I definitely didn't come placed in my group that was running and there was two groups of my aged group and our sprints were timed so that's why I think I didn't get placed.

Then I had 60m sprints which was like 1hour after 100m sprints so I went to the cafe and got some lunch then went back to the field and I walked around and then it was time for my sprint.
When I was at the 60m sprints Mr Hilliard told us what lane we were in I was in lane three.
I was very nervous waiting for Mr Hilliard to shoot the powder gun and he finally shoot it and we were off sprinting to the finish line as fast as we could.

After that sprint I had another shot put straight after it so I had to sprint to shot put to have my three throws my first throw went pretty far then my second went a little bit further then my third one went just a little bit further so they were basically getting better every time and I ended up coming third so that was really cool.

Finally 40 minutes after shot put had finished I had discus and I'd say I did my best in discus.
When we got to discus mr tisch told us what order we will be throwing in. I was throwing first,My first throw went far then they just went further and further every time just like shot put and for that event I ended up coming first place.

Then like an hour later we did a relay it was Gerald,Blake,Qaiden and myself.
Qaiden started then he ran  to me then I passed it on to Blake then Blake passed it on to our speediest person in our group Gerald then he gassed all of the other groups to the finish line.

1 comment:

  1. Woah Bryce! I feel exhausted just reading about your day. It sounds like you had heaps of events to do and it sounds like you put in a lot of effort to do them all well! I am very proud that you chose to give the competitive activities a go and to hear that you felt you did your personal best in some of them.

    A suggestion for next time would be to check the tenses on your words, for example, choose is present tense and chose is past tense. Some of your words are in present tense when they should be in past tense based on how your sentence is written.

    Keep up the great blogging!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.