Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Christchurch Rubbish

This week and last week in Social Studies we've been learning about rubbish.
we've learned how we should recycle our rubbish and what not to do I have some information that I learned today to share with yous.

W22hen our yellow recycling bin gets collected by the trucks, if the trucks sense more than %10 or more rubbish they don't collect the rubbish and if this continues to happen the bins get confiscated, then if the bins want to be given back they have to pay $97.65 to get the bin back and they have to promise that they'll put the right things in the right bins. They also get tracked somehow to see if they're sticking to the rules. Many yuck and dumb things end up in recycling bins, like guns, animals, plastic, glass, cardboard, and much other waste.

I think taking bins away from people who don't use them properly is a good way to make them learn from their mistakes.

Rubbish at recycling' - New Zealand ranks second last in international  trial | Stuff.co.nzRecycling - Waimate District Council

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.