Pages

Friday, February 26, 2021

Parihaka- Tim Finn and The Herbs

This week in Social studies we've been learning about Parihaka,t I've learnt what happened to the people who lived in Parihaka and I've learnt what the people of Parihaka did to get there land back. I will be answering some questions about Parihaka and a song that ill link down the bottom,I hope I teach you something new.

1) What is the main message of this song
This song is a way to remember and a way to make people aware of what happened in Parihaka,and how it still effects people still

2) What line explains there passive resistance method to win the fight without any deaths or weapons.

I know Te Whiti will never be defeated,And even at the darkest hour.


3) What does "you cant pull out the roots" refer too?

You can never take out culture out of someone.


4) How does the song show the significance of Parihaka?

This song shows that Parihaka is important as it talks about what happened and it still effects people to this day,this song is well know by many people.


5)What makes an event significant?

Something that is significant is usually significant because its made a change or was hard to change.


6) How many people are effected?

Many people are effect by events that happen but people who are mostly involved are mostly effected by the significant event.


7)How long were people effected?

People are still effected to this day.


8) To what extent are people effected?

Some people might be effected becuase there parents or grandparent may have been the women who were raped by the British.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.