Pages

Friday, March 13, 2020

Food testing Science.

 Aim:What nutrients are present in different foods.


Bread:I think bread has complex sugar.
Egg:I think Eggs have Protein in it
Sugar-Glucose:I think Glucose are a simple sugar.
Apple:I think Apple is a Complex sugar.
Milk:I think Milk is simple sugar.
Potato:I think potatoes are a complex sugar.

Results:

:Egg has neither of the sugars.
:Bread is a complex sugar. 
:Milk is not a complex sugar.
:Potato is some sugar.
:Apples have both sugars.
:Glucose is not a simple sugar

Complex Method:

We added all of our food then we added two drops of iodine and then we waited until our results showed.

simple Method:

1.We put Food in all of the tudes then we added 5 drops of benedict's into the tube.
2.Then we put the tubes into a water bath and wait until our result show.


Protein method:
1:Add your food into the test tubes.
2:Add 5 drops of sodium hydroxide.
4:Add 5 drops of copper sulfate.
5:Shake the test tube gently from side to side.

Hypothesis:I think that milk,Apple and egg have protein.

But I dont think Potato, Glucose and bread don't have protein.

Results:
1:Apple Has no protein in it.
2:Potato has no protein in it.
3:Egg Has protein in it.
4:Glucose has no protein.
5:Milk has Protein in it.
6:Bread has no protein.


Conclusion:I was correct about Milk And Egg having protein and I was alway right about Potato,Bread and Glucose not having protein in it. But I was wrong about Potato having protein in it.

Discussion:I found out that apple doesn't have protein in it 




1 comment:

  1. Great work Bryce, you packed a lot of information in about your tests!
    Next time it would be awesome to see some photo's of your experiment.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.